Guess who’s off to Uni in September? That’s right, it’s me! I’m so so so excited about going, but I thought I would share a bit of my UCAS apply advice!
1) You might change your mind. And that’s ok… During the process of applying I changed my mind about what course to do, and what grades I could achieve multiple times, but although it was frustrating, I got there in the end and I’m happy with my choices!
2) Go to Open Days, like now. I waited till September and it meant I had loads of open days in quick succession. The sooner you look, the sooner you can make decisions, and the sooner you can get your application sent off!
3) Start your personal statement over the summer! I did a bit over the summer, and I really wish I’d done more. Just a couple of hours to get a first draft done, would’ve stopped some of the stress in the Autumn! It’s really, really worth it.
4) Do your best to stick to your school’s deadlines, but if you can’t, don’t worry. Deadlines are there to make sure everyone gets it done in time and as stress-free as possible. However, they are usually months before the real deadline, so I didn’t need to worry about having problems and hold-ups!
5) Get help! I’m genuinely not sure what I would’ve done without my form tutor. She gave me so much advise on what to write. Teachers help students get into uni every year, so they normally know what they’re doing. Friends and family can be helpful too, especially when it comes to checking spelling!
Good luck, you can do it, and do your best not to stress!