With the Winter Season being fully here, I’ve found myself reaching for scarves more and more. In fact, I don’t think I’ve left the house without one for nearly a month now! They are perfect for keeping warm and they instantly give you that snuggly Christmas feeling..
Now I’ve been trying to achieve this hairstyle for sooo long, I think I must have seen almost every single youtube tutorial around, but sadly none really worked for me, and those that did fell out during my walk to sixth form. So I played around, combining ideas and now I think I’ve finally hit the jackpot!
So without further ado, into the tutorial!
You will need;
- Hair bands (I use three fairly thick ones)
- Possibly a few hairgrips/bobbypins
- Dry Shampoo
And now the steps;
This style will work far better on second-day hair (yayy!) as it is less smooth and slippery to work with. So start off with your hair brushed, but not fresh!
To create the messy style volume (and prevent your hair from looking greasy!) spray dry shampoo into your roots and rub. Here I am using one by Baptiste in the scent “flirty and floral blush”
Pull your hair into a ponytail using your fingers instead of a comb to make it messy
|I’m so attractive.|
- Tipping your head so your ponytail points vertically upwards, spread your hair out from it’s base.
- Taking a second hair tie, place it over the root of your ponytail and pull strands through to create your bun. This step is important for creating the shape, it’s hard to change it after this point.
- Unless you are incredibly lucky to have hair that will now stay, you will now need a third hair tie to secure your bun into place. If all else fails, use some hairgrips to pin bits into place.
|Pulling strands of hair through the hair tie to create my bun!|
- Style the hair around your face. This obviously depends on whether you like hair in front of your face. I personally like to pull my sidefringe back and out of my face and secure with bobbypins.
|Voila! Sorry for the bad lighting and creepy face!|
This sounds fairly complicated but once you’ve done it once, you’ll be able to do it in minutes! 🙂
This is my perfect go-to bad hairday hairstyle, what’s yours?