I have a confession to make, I’m a Hot Chocolate addict, and with now under a month left till Christmas, I feel like it’s time to think about those little Christmas treats.
And now Starbucks have come out with this year’s Christmas drink, Peppermint Hot Chocolate! Unfortunately, my nearest Starbucks is a bus journey away so I haven’t been to try any yet, but my friend Hannah has figured out how to make it herself! We made some together and it was so lovely I just had to share this amazing recipe!
So here it is: Hannah’s Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe!
You will need:
A boiling kettle
And here’s how to make it!
- Boil your kettle
- Add a very small amount of boiling water (just enough to cover the teabag lying flat) to a peppermint teabag in a small jug (one teabag per mug you want to make) and set aside to brew.
- Meanwhile, add a heaped teaspoon of cocoa powder and three teaspoons of sugar to a mug filled two thirds of the way with milk.
- Heat this either in a saucepan or in the microwave, until hot.
- Gently stir, and once it’s smooth and without lumps, add the peppermint tea (minus teabag!) and stir again. Enjoy!
- We added marshmallows for a bit of extra indulgence, next time I might top it off with whipped cream!